Friday, October 10, 2008

She's Crafty



It was getting down to the wire and I didn't have anything to give my father-in-law for his birthday. Lo and behold, I decided to take President Uchtdorf's counsel from our most recent Relief Society broadcast and create something. I have tons of paper and scrap-booking supplies in my closet that I haven't used in forever. I want to get into digital scrap-booking and I don't have time to mess around with the paper stuff anymore. Instead of dumping a tree's worth of paper in the trash, I have saved it for such a day as this. I used an old frame I had saved, some paper and eyelets and created a CTR motto for my father-in-law to hang in his office at church. CTR is a little motto we have in our church that stands for "Choose the Right" I guess it could be compared to WWJD or whatever else is out there to remind us to follow the Savior. Anyway, I had fun thinking of an idea, making it work and keeping someone else in mind while doing it. Not too shabby if I say so myself.

4 comments:

mistyb said...

I love it! What a great idea, I have tons of scrap booking stuff lying around too, now I am inspired to make something with it!!

Deon said...

Cute. I just pulled out my scrapbooking stuff but to actually scrapbook! I am so far behind!!!

diane said...

That is so cool! Good job.

Anonymous said...

That was the best talk! I felt like he was speaking right to me. Good job on your project- it looks great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails