
I had to take action. This was an atrocity. There was no way my kids were going to get seen in public with hideous hair. Jadon ended up getting buzzed. It was that or telling everyone he got in a fight with a stick of gum. There was no fixing that mess. It was like Dr. Spock on crack. Helmet head had new meaning. Ed wanted me to buzz Zachary too but that was absolutely out of the question. But how was I going to cut his hair? I had this love affair with Zachary's fine, platinum blonde ringlets. Sure a few people mistake him for a girl every now and then but that was only when he was modeling in his diaper. I couldn't cut his hair yet.
You see, when Jadon was a baby he came out with so much hair. So much so it looked "ethnic" as people would say. It just grew and grew, straight up until it got so heavy it fell down. He looked like the Zoolander baby before the hair fell down flat. Finally when his hair was poking him in the eyes we took Jadon to get his first hair cut. Never again did he look like a baby. At 6 months old this is quite the tragedy for a new mom. That's when I got scissor scared. So with Zachary, I was blessed with a beautiful chubby cherub, nearly bald. His hair grew at normal pace and because it was curly, who could know how long he could have gone without a haircut.
After a failed attempt to fix the hair cut that evening, I let it rest. At least Jadon was taken care of. The next morning I got Zacky into the tub to occupy him and get his hair wet. I just snipped a little here and snipped a little there. Let's just say cutting curly hair proved to be a bit more difficult. Especially on baby fine hair that's straight on top and curly on the sides and in the back. You don't know where it's going to end up when it dries.
Well, it didn't turn out too bad. His bangs don't get swept into his eyes anymore and he has retained quite a bit of curl. Although his profile reminds me an awful lot of a duck wing.
2 comments:
I'm so with you on the looking like big boys that is why Blake's hair is longer than it should be (and I am affraid he will loose the curls he does have)
We miss that cute boy!! And all of you!!! Tori asks if she can play with Jadon EVERY DAY!! LOVE YOU GUYS
He is adorable!
Post a Comment