
Our little guy had surgery today to remove the sixth finger and sixth toe on the left side of his body. As many of you know, he was born with 12 fingers and 12 toes! Unfortunately, on his left side, the extra digits stick out quite far and we felt it best for him in the long run to have them removed. Eventually we will most likely have the extras removed from his right hand and foot but due to a complicated bone structure it is best to wait a couple of years.
Zachary did so well and we are so proud of him. He has been such a good sport through the whole ordeal. His hand and foot will remain casted for a week while the incisions heal. He gets a little frustrated when he can't use his hand to grasp objects or when he can't walk, but he's learning quickly how to get around despite the bulky casts. He even climbed on top of a chair, twice!
A big thank you to Zachary's orthopedic surgeon and staff, as well as all of our family and friends who have kept him in their prayers and offered their support!
8 comments:
He is such a sweet boy. I hope his recovery is quick. I love the binky in his mouth...even under the mask!
That is so great that it went so well! I'll have to invite you to my blog too (mine is private) so be looking for an email! :)
Look at that big smile even though he has his casts! I LOVE THAT BOY!!! He is in our thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery, Give him (and Jadon) lots of HUGHS and KISSES from us. Tori misses her cousins
Ahhhh Zachary is too cute. Those pictures are so sweet and it makes me want to cry. But he is too cute and chubby so that makes me smile! I can't wait to see him and Jaden and ofcourse you and Eddie! I'm excited for Thursday! Give Zachary a big kiss and hug for me!
How can you be that cute in casts? He is such a trooper! I can't believe how happy he looks after just having surgery! We will definitely keep him in our prayers...can't wait to see you guys again.
I'm so glad Jen told me about your blog. What a cutie Zachary is. I'm glad everything went well. I'll see you tonight at the Messiah!!
He looks like he's doing really well. That's wonderful!
Thanks for your comment...can you believe how much they look alike! I added you as a link if that's ok. I'm glad he's doing so well!
Post a Comment