
Minnesota Common Phrases and Pronunciation Guide:
Twin Cities = The Cities
About = A-boat
Minnesota = Minne-SO-tah
Casserole = Hot Dish
Soda = Pop
You Betcha = Thanks to Sarah Palin, America knows it means OK!
Ya = Yeah, Yup, You Bet
Famous People from Minnesota:
Charles A. Lindberg
F. Scott Fitzgerald
Laura Ingalls Wilder
Bob Dylan
Judy Garland
Minnesota is also the birthplace of water skiing, snow mobiles, Tonka Toys, Hormel Foods and my personal favorite, Target. It is home to the largest shopping mall in the US (Mall of America) and a retired pro-wrestler turned Governor. You bet, that's him!

Other Minnesota Tidbits:
State Bird: Not the mosquito, but the Loon
State Tree: Norwegian Pine
Actual Number of Lakes: 15,291
Miles of Shoreline: 90,000 (More than California, Hawaii, and Florida Combined)

More to post in the near future!
5 comments:
Wow I didn't know that about Minnesota. That was definitely one of the funnest trips ever! Mainly because it was just the girls. :) Love you!
can't wait to see pictures of your trip, we decided to make our blog private, send me an email and I will invite you! hope you are doing good! mistyb19@sbcglobal.net
I grew up in Minneapolis. I love bars and hotdish! Did you go shopping at Von Maur? That place rocks. Can't wait to hear more aboat your adventures.
Did you eat cheese curds? They are the best.
Um I know I have already commented, but seriously when will I see your cute boys in their Halloween costumes?? And you need to check out my last post about the york peppermint patties. You will appreciate it. :)
Hey Emily! I found your blog from Julie's. Cute blog, I love it!
Post a Comment