Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Birthday Boy


Our Disneyland/California Adventure weekend was fun, but on the day of his real birthday, we went over to my in-laws for cupcakes and presents. Jadon was thrilled to get a new bike. He loves to ride it and goes pretty fast now. He used to have this little bike he got when he was two but outgrew it. For the past year or so he's been too big for his old bike so we decided to get him an upgrade. He also got a new Sponge Bob helmet and pads. Thank you everyone for contributing!


It is hard to believe that it was 5 years ago I was in labor with Jadon. I must admit, he was a bit of a surprise but I cannot imagine my life without him. He is such a wonderful son and caring big brother. He is so bright and perceptive--sometimes it's like living with a 40 year old. Seriously, I think he is more responsible than me sometimes. But he is also one of my best friends. I love spending time with him. After pre-school once a month we would go to Golden Spoon for frozen yogurt. Now the yogurt parfaits from McDonald's are a favorite. He makes everything fun and exciting by keeping me on my toes.


Jadon is an ideal child, in my very biased opinion, but not because he has a halo over his head. He is as ideal as any because he captures the quintessential aspects of childhood in everything he does. I look at him and think, "This is the reason we are to 'becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love...'" He has a strong will that mirrors his mother's. But rather than break it, I try my best to bridle it because it will be an invaluable gift during challenging times or hardship. A small example is when he rides his new bike. Oftentimes he takes a corner too fast and falls down. But he gets back up each time with more determination to conquer the darn thing. I love his independence and confidence. He is quite verbal. He loves to talk! And he is scrappy. Don't mess with this kid. He's generally not aggressive toward others but he will certainly stand up for himself. Again, gifts to bridle and to be used for standing up for what is right and standing up for others as he matures. When I look at Jadon I see a world of possibilities. I am grateful and humbled to be a steward over his little spirit and to have the blessed opportunity and responsibility to guide and nurture him. Jadon, I love you so much and I'm so proud of you simply for being you!

2 comments:

diane said...

Wow, five is a big deal! You look really blonde in that picture. You rock the blonde.

This is such a sweet tribute to your boy.

Julie said...

Yay for Jadon! I love you big boy! You are such a special boy and a great big brother! And Emily, I think Jadon is VERY lucky to have you as his mom.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails