Saturday, February 16, 2008

Old Town San Diego

My brother Matt came to visit us a few weeks ago and we went to Old Town San Diego. For those of you who are wondering what Old Town is, it's basically the old town square of San Diego turned into a historic museum-like tourist attraction and state park. We also went to the visitor's center for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and watched a movie depicting the story of The Mormon Battalion. Pioneers from the church were asked to serve in the Mexican-American War and led a battalion to San Diego. It was prophesied by Brigham Young that they would never see battle and they didn't. Cool beans.



Just to give you an idea of what our family is really like...

4 comments:

Deon said...

Glad you came back. I started ours before Blake came and then deleted half of what I had written. hehe!!! Hopefully I will see my cute nephews more threw photos!!!!

Anonymous said...

yay! I love blogs! It's the best thing since disposable diapers :)

deannah said...

Hear, hear! (to what Heidi said. or is it, 'here, here'? i have no idea)

Julie said...

awww.... I love this about your family... And the boy look so cute!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails