Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Two

But then I thought back to my friend's comment about skydiving before she had kids. I knew Eddie didn't mind, I already talked to him about it. His response was, "You have insurance." Ha! Love him. Later I found out that he was referring to health insurance in the event of an accident whereas I thought he was referring to my life insurance policy in the event of my death. Can you tell who is more optimistic? Either way, I think my husband should be proud of never holding his wife back.

Anyway, I asked another friend of mine (who has gone skydiving several times) if he thought it was irresponsible to go skydiving even though I had kids. He surprised me by saying, "Yes" and telling me that his brother wouldn't go because he had a kid. I was incredulous to say the least. I chided him for going and thought it hypocritical: "Just because you don't have people to support doesn't mean you don't have people who love and care about you!" Of course I apologized for my outburst. He said he was joking. About what I was unclear but enough of that. It's over and done. I suspect he sensed he was not going to persuade me (I think my ticket was purchased by then) so he decided to validate my desire instead.

I also asked Jadon how he would feel if I jumped out of an airplane. He said, "No! You could die!" I told him I could die at any time because everyone has to die some time. (Thanks Dr. M.) I reassured him that I'd have a parachute on. He still looked nervous. Then I told him the people he knew (pretty much all the cool peeps) that have survived it just fine and showed him some videos of how it'd all go down. He agreed and smiled.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails