New Year's Eve: Gma and Papa Whittemore were so kind to watch the boys over night when Ed and I were asked to chaperon the YSA {Young Single Adult} dance. We checked people in from 7:30-11 and then we went to hit up the dance floor. We also saw a local band called Good Morning Milo which was a lot of fun as well. At midnight we kissed to ring in the new year and even got a slow dance in. The older adults who preside over our stake's singles' ward were shaking their head at us and we walked out of the dance because we partied like it was 1999 {you know, like back when we were still single}. But man, that dance was kickin'. There was good music, laser tag, games, food, a magic show, local bands and it was held at the Hall of Champions, the sports museum, at Balboa Park. I'm still trying to decide just how lame we are that this possibly signified the most exciting New Year's we've celebrated together in our 7 years of marriage...

Day 1: Jadon and I went on a date New Year's Day and had a blast. We ate dinner at Ruby's, saw Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel, and did a little shopping at Target where he picked out a black fidero hat and a black tie with little skulls and crossbones on it. On the way to the mall, Jadon asked me if the clothes I was wearing were the ones I wore to chaperon the dance the night before. I told him that I wore something else. He said, "Oh good." I asked him if there was something wrong with the clothes I was wearing. {I had on gray converse, skinny jeans, and a v-neck gray and white striped sweater.} He was trying to choose his words carefully, I could tell, because he didn't want to hurt my feelings. He replied, "Well, your clothes are good but you could get some that are a little bit cooler and stylin' like mine." Wow, talk about the day I became uncool. All I could do was smile to myself that this little man wasn't afraid to be honest with me. The fact that he was trying to let me down easy was pretty thoughtful of him. I hope this kind of open and honest relationship continues as he gets older. I mean, I can hope can't I? All in all, we had a great ending to our date by taking some fun pictures in the photo booth. Background courtesy of Jadon's good taste...

Day 2: We got to spend time at Mission Bay because the day was gorgeous! Jadon and I rode bikes around the sidewalk a bit while Zac and Eddie played at the park. Then all the boys stayed to play at the park while I did a brick {bike/run} around the bay and fiesta island. Miraculously, there was no wind on the back side of the island so I got going pretty fast. I'm training for Tritonman in February and even though I took a break from training when I started school last quarter, I got some confidence back this week swimming with my brother-in-law/coach {Robe} and working out again. Tritonman will take place on Fiesta Island so I had fun visualizing myself on the actual course and it got me excited and motivated. That evening, Ed went with his brother David to the San Diego Sockers game {San Diego's professional indoor soccer team} where we won in sudden death over-time. Even though it was freezing sitting outside at the Del Mar arena, he had a lot of fun and was glad I got him the tickets for Christmas.

Now it's back to the daily grind. School for me, work for Ed. I'm definitely sensing a case of the Mondays...
1 comment:
I wish I could've been at that dance!! I so would've partied like it was 1999. :)
Post a Comment