Wow, the blogging has been sparse these past few months! I do apologize! We have had so many changes in the past few weeks, where do I begin? Some of you may have known that Eddie has been looking to make a career change for quite some time now. Since this is my blog and I'm feeling long-winded, I'm going to give you the back story.
When we were dating, Eddie was set on becoming a dentist. We even toured dental schools before we got married to get a feel for it all. Very shortly after we got married, and unexpectedly I might add, we got a little surprise and named him Jadon. We basically panicked and put our plans on hold. Ed got a full-time job so I could be home with Jadon. Boy, money was tight but we continued to see the hand of the Lord in our lives and many blessings came our way.
Well, of course Ed excelled at his job and was even offered to buy out his boss when his boss retired. Our thoughts? Woo Hoo! Unfortunately, over time we got the feeling that we were being strung along. Things slowly deteriorated at work and for the last year or so Ed has been unhappy with his job. As he started thinking about making a change, he felt impressed to revisit his original dream of becoming a dentist. Why anyone would want to work with mouths beats me but the money's good. But with Ed (and I guess me too) it's not all about financial stability, although that is very important. It's about being in a position and having the means to be of service to others. Honestly, that is what we are most excited for.
So yes, Eddie started going back to school to finish his Bachelor's so he can go to dental school. Yes, we have a long road ahead of us and I think Jadon will be like 12 or something when Ed finally becomes a dentist. And we'll have a lot of student loans. But we have grown up enough to realize that sometimes you have to sacrifice something good for something better. In the end, this will be better.
Oh yeah, so why did we move? Well, Eddie applied to the University of Utah to finish his degree and was accepted. We were gung ho and ready to go when we stopped to ask ourselves, "Why Utah?" In all honesty, neither of us even wanted to go to Utah. We are SoCal snobs. We don't do snow. Okay, I don't do snow.
Suffice it say, we still prayed about whether we should go or stay and didn't feel like we were getting an answer either way. It was frustrating until we realized we had two good things going for us. We needed to exercise our agency and choose one first, then pray to know if that was the right choice. Duh! Insert flashing light bulb here. So we chose to stay and prayed about it. We prayed to have faith in the Lord's plan for us and to be in a place where we would be of most use to Him. Eddie and I felt really good about our decision to stay here and go to school.
Well, I kid you not, the very next day, a maintenance guy (who also happens to be LDS) was working at the property I manage. He asked me if my husband was still planning on going to school. I honestly can't even remember when I told him that in the first place. Anyway, he said a property in the college area needed a manager and that I should call my supervisor right away to see if the position was still available. So I did just that. Another long story short, I got the job. The property is very close to SDSU where Eddie will be going to school. It was a perfect fit for us since we are down to one vehicle after Ed left his job and his company truck. The property is a little bit bigger so the compensation is better and the manager's unit is way nicer than our old place. Yay!
I feel compelled to express my gratitude for the tender mercies of the Lord. The property managing job is only one of the many doors that have opened up to us since making this very life-altering decision. Everything continues to just fall into place just like that. As sad as it was to leave our friends and the great ward we were in, Eddie and I know that this is where we are meant to be right now. Just having a testimony of that makes this journey so much easier and the sacrifices happy to be made. Thank you to all our family and friends who are supporting us in this somewhat crazy dream!
I will try to post some pictures soon...
7 comments:
We will miss you, but what a blessing to know the Lord has a hand in your life and that things are falling into place for you! Best wishes!
Wow! Isn't it amazing how the Lord helps us out after we apply our faith? Jason was gung-ho about joining the police when all of a sudden he had the strongest feeling to become a teacher... which set us on the path that led us to adopt Emily! (after many other promptings and miracles)
I'm so glad you will be doing what will make you happy in the long run. Good luck with the schooling and the new job!
I am glad that you finally updated your blog but I was hopeing for some photos of my cute nephew!!! PLEASE post some soon!!!
I am so happy for you guys! We miss you, but it is good to know that things are working out for you guys. I am surely going to miss those sweet boys of yours. I am glad you are a blogger. That way I can at least keep in touch with you.
Hi! I saw your blog on the stewarts and I was so happy. We should catch up soon. I still think about the days at the park when Ashtin and Jaydon were brand new babies. email me at denefamily@hotmail.com
We're at a similar crossroads in our life too. We're moving back to Utah in less than a month...augh! We had a weird/hard time praying about our decision too but then realized the same thing: that we were choosing between two good choices. So, we opted on the side closer to family and now we're moving. I'm glad things worked out so well for you! We miss you but we're glad you're happy!
Things just work out don't they. It was nice singing in the Messiah with you and having you in our ward. I will miss seeing you around.
Post a Comment