Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Surfing


Jadon officially completed his second surf lesson courtesy of Uncle Robe (AKA The Golden Uncle). Am I starting to see a developing identity? Jadon even wanted his hair to stay "shaggy" this summer instead of buzzed. This summer Jadon became especially comfortable in the water, refusing to wear his life vest in the ocean. But as you can see, no surf lessons without it. It was cute watching him during his first lesson. He got toppled by a wave and fell off his board. The board was right in front of him and all he had to do was reach out to grab it. Instead he turned around, swam right into an oncoming wave just to get to Robe! You can see he trusts his instructor more than his equipment. Occasionally he gets a little panicked being out in the wide open ocean, but he knows that if he tips his head back he'll float with his life vest. Eddie told me a couple times during his second lesson when Jadon felt a little anxious, all of a sudden he'd tip his head back to float, take a few deep breaths and be ready to start again. I'm so proud of Jadon and this new challenge he's taking up! Again special thank to Uncle Robe and Daddy for helping him out!

5 comments:

Deon said...

Oh my gosh that is so cute!!!! I love that photo!!! I want to see photos of him surfing real soon!!! WE LOVE AND MISS YOU GUYS!!!

Jen said...

I LOVE that picture! That is definitely one that needs to be framed and hung up. I am glad to hear you guys are having a good summer. I can totally picture Jadon surfing. Everyone needs a golden uncle!

Julie said...

That is the coolest thing ever! Jadon looks so tall! He needs to stop growing right this minute (You can tell him aunt Julie said so). :) I can't wait to see you guys in September! Call me when you get a minute in your crazy schedule! Love you

mistyb said...

hi emily, this is misty ballard (daley) from a long time back at sdsu, I came across your blog in a round about way but just wanted to say hi! Your little guy is adorable and it looks/sounds like you are doing good!

Melissa said...

I LOVE the picture and I'm dying that Jadon is already a surfing dude! How do Rick and I get surf lessons??

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails