A long time ago, my Dad (a former aerospace engineer) sent me an email with the following pictures. He thinks about this type of thing a lot more frequently than I do. I believe the pictures came from an article found HERE





Kind of makes you feel really insignificant doesn't it? I mean, I feel small just walking across campus. When my Dad sent these pictures, he didn't send a message. He had but one line typed in the heading which read: Yet God knows when we lose a hair on our heads. {Which is in reference to these passages found in the Bible}
Of course it could be read skeptically, that after all we know, we can barely place our little planet in the universe, and yet could believe that there is some higher power out there that knows us individually and so intimately. It would be like someone valuing a speck of sand on the beach. It sounds completely preposterous.
And yet sometimes, I get this sense that I matter, that I hold inside of me the potential to do something really great. I don't know what it is, that great thing. Nor am I sure how I'm going to do it or if I'm going to do it. But I know it is there. I know that there is a reason I am here, right now. I have a purpose. And I think that you do too.
1 comment:
I honestly did not know how small Earth is in comparison to Saturn and Jupiter. CRAZY!
Post a Comment