Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter


We had quite the eventful Easter this year. General Conference seemed to make it extra special in some ways as many of the talks were devoted to the Savior and His Atonement for us. In other ways, it didn't feel quite the same without physically attending the regular 3 hour block of church.

So the boys woke up to Easter baskets already filled with eggs as the 'Easter Bunny' knew they'd have an egg hunt later that day. Next we went over to Papa's for an egg hunt with cousins Wess and Rocco. Jadon found the golden egg with $$$ inside!


Thanks Gramma and Papa for the delicious baked potato bar brunch and many thanks to Aunt Kenna for coloring eggs with the boys. They had so much fun!


After the afternoon session of conference we went over to Meridith's sister's house. (Meridith is Uncle Robe's girlfriend for those of you who are wondering.) It was a fun little party with lots of kids and parents, good food and a special surprise visit from the Easter Bunny herself who came riding in on a motorcycle. Zac especially liked getting tickled by her and even Jadon smiled as he took a picture with her.



My favorite part of Easter was asking Jadon about why we celebrate Easter. I'm glad he remembered that it is to celebrate the atonement, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. It is so easy to let the commercialism take over the true meaning of holidays that celebrate our Savior like Christmas and Easter that sometimes I wonder if things like egg hunts are worth participating in. Either way, around each holidays I am reminded of how important it is to keep balance in our lives. I think I might start doing the egg hunt on a Saturday because sadly our Easter didn't feel like the Sabbath day at all. So if anyone has ideas how to resist the commercialism of these holidays without living like a hermit, please let me know! I'm always interested to hear about others' traditions...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails