Sunday, March 30, 2008

Storytime

Recently, Jadon decided he was going to read bedtime stories to us instead of vice versa. One evening Ed caught it all on tape. In this segment Jadon is reading one of our family favorites, "Oh, The Places You'll Go!" by Dr. Seuss.





Jadon is growing up so fast! Just the other day he told me that he didn't want to go to school anymore because he wanted to stay home and play with Zachary. When I told him he could do that after school he said, "Okay, fine. (Big sigh and pause...) Mom, I need a career or something." Apparently, the kid has seen one too many UEI commercials. I tried the best I could to stifle my laughter but he caught me and asked what was so funny. I simply said, "Sometimes you say such grown up things for a little boy." In which he replied, "Yeah, I know," very solemnly I might add.

9 comments:

Jen said...

I love Jadon's voice. His confidence completely reminds me of Brennan. He is so good about always saying "Hi, Sister Cloes" when he sees me at church. It always makes me smile!

deannah said...

I love little kid quotes. So adorable!!!

Melissa said...

He is so stinking cute! I wish we lived closer to hear all his funny little comments. It kills me to hear all the "grown up" things he says!

I don't think I'll ever forget him saying to you "mom we will just have to agree to disagree" when discussing the proper way to say Audrey's name! Too funny.

Deon said...

TOO CUTE!!! He will have to read to Blake when we are there Blake would love that!!!

Tyson said...

I love Jadon! That doesn't suprise me at all! I agree, he is growing up way too fast. So when are you guys coming up here already!? I want to see all of you!!! Love you guys!

Harper Family said...

How cute is that video. He is such a smartie!! Wow if only I were thinking of my career at such a young age.

Jen said...

I just wanted to let you know that I tagged you. You don't have to do it if you don't feel like it :D

Melody's Voice said...

That is so cute! He said that? What a smart boy!

Harper Family said...

Emily, I have a new Tag and I've Tagged you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails